count your lucky stars


It's Friday 1AM now, and what would have been the third day of my 'graduation' trip to Bangkok with my three best friends. Earlier this week, on Monday and just two days before we were due to fly, Bangkok was hit by a bomb explosion and 20 people (from what I've read) were killed. Hundreds more were injured by flying shrapnel and whatnot, and it has been termed the worst attack in Bangkok ever.

I count my lucky stars, and I couldn't be more thankful to God that we weren't there. It was a sign, really. One of the two or three, according to my parents, that Bangkok wasn't a place to be at the moment. Initially I was frustrated because why? Why now, when we were going to leave? What about the money I've paid for the flights and accommodation? Then came the disappointment - we planned this for so long! Since three months ago we've been saying 'when we're in Bangkok...' non-stop. Are we expected to just not go?

And now finally, the sadness. A great sadness for all those people who died; sadness for the cold soul(s) who had the heart, or lack thereof, to do such a thing; sadness for the ones lost loved ones and themselves survived; sadness because this is not what humans were created for.

We were created to love. So where is the love?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me


RACHEL | רָחֵל
But you can call me Ragel (ray-gel)
23 | +65
Fearfully and wonderfully made

I love exploring and the outdoors and I'd pick a walk under the sun in a foreign place over lazing at home any day. I dream of travelling the world one day and I love anything bright, colourful and sparkly.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!" - Phillipians 4:4

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest

Search This Blog

Subscribe