Internship

So the fellow interns and I walked out of Mediacorp the other day for a mini "photoshoot". The excuse was because it was one of the intern's last day, so we wanted to take photos for memories, but she ended up being so anxious about taking too long for lunch and hurried off. The photographer Linnh got annoyed so she asked me to be the model. And so... I became a model. For 10 minutes. 




Here are photos from everyday intern life - we monopolise the fashion editor's desk because she's away on maternity leave and we basically become retards for 8 hours.








Work is fun and I'm having a great amount of fun in this internship even though it's unpaid. And yes, it is kind of unreasonable because we don't even get an allowance for transport and food, but I've gotten over that and it really annoys me when the first thing people comment on is, "but you're not being paid!". I mean, the whole point of an internship is to get the chance to learn things from the company you're working at. And frankly speaking, if you owned the company, why would you pay students to learn from you? Yes it kind of sucks that I'm not being paid even the basic allowance but at least I'm learning things relevant to the job I want to do next time. I even get to write and have my name in the magazine, however small it is. So please, enough about the whole pay thing because I stand firmly on what I believe in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me


RACHEL | רָחֵל
But you can call me Ragel (ray-gel)
23 | +65
Fearfully and wonderfully made

I love exploring and the outdoors and I'd pick a walk under the sun in a foreign place over lazing at home any day. I dream of travelling the world one day and I love anything bright, colourful and sparkly.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!" - Phillipians 4:4

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest

Search This Blog

Subscribe