food monster

Hello everybody~ Haven't posted in awhile because I've been so busy, what with end of internship, start of school, settling electives, decisions about exchange and last but not least, my favourite boy hehe. So today's post is about food as you can tell from the title......... And after this post, you're all going to find out how much I eat :'( but it's ok, good things must be shared, right? So here's a list of places I've visited, with minimal pictures because I always forget to take them (actually no, I'm more occupied with eating HAHA).. But it'll have to do anyway. If you check out my instagram, just click the location tag and you can see 100000001 more pictures of the food there. #instagramwhiz

(I don't usually bring my dslr out so iPhone photos will have to do! And these all happened over the span of.... two months? Yes, I know, I'm getting fat(ter)!!!!!!!!!)

One of the weekends during the period I worked, YJ and I went to try Supply & Demand at Orchard Gateway. We ordered the Classic Tomato Bruschetta, Four Cheese 13" Pizza and Eggs Ben with Smoked Salmon - seems like we over-ordered but no! YJ eats a lot, really (no surprise for a boy), and I was starving that day, so we did manage to finish every single dish. S&D was really good, and well-worth the money we paid, so we left happy and contented hehehe.


One of the weekdays, fellow interns and I cabbed out to Thomson V Two for lunch - we decided on OZ Specialty Coffee because it was one place we haven't tried before. We ordered the big breakfast, ham and cheese (or egg.......  I can't remember) croissant and belgian waffles with bananas and chocolate sauce. We spent 1 hour waiting for the food even though they said 20mins waiting time................................... Enough said. At least I got a nice picture lol.


Just last week I went to Sunday Folks with YJ to try their waffles. It's been highly raved about recently because apparently it's Creamier's sister shop (I have yet to try Creamier SIGH) and they use the same waffle batter, which means it's likely the same standard as that of Creamier's. Meaning: must-try. The only difference between Sunday Folks and Creamier is that SF serves waffles with soft serve, while Creamier serves waffles with ice cream. No difference for us anyway, since we pretty much eat anything. We both had a light dinner (I like to think that sharing one bowl of bakchormee = light) so we got the waffles with fruits and sea salt gula melaka soft serve, a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of mocha. I originally wanted the hot cocoa after looking at Cel's instagram picture of the hot cocoa with marshmallows but they got my order wrong *inserts irritated face* so I'll leave that for the next time~

The chocolate cake is quite ordinary, I think you can get better ones elsewhere; the coffee beans were over-roasted so there was a burnt taste in the mocha :( But the waffles and soft serve was the saving grace - the best I ever had, really. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with normal waffles anymore hahahahaha. The waffles were a winner!!!


Sunday Folks is officially a must-try, guys. Best. Waffles. In. Town. And for that, I took a close-up of it: -


Two days ago I finally got the chance to try The Sushi Bar at Far East Plaza with my girls Cel and Mad (XOX because the last O was missing - Charlene couldn't make it). MAD IS BACK FROM UK!!! But I'll save that for the next post. So we basically ordered 3 out of the 4 aburi rolls *LOL* and shared; seems quite little but I'm pretty glad we stopped there because we were so full after. Took 10 minutes trying to take nice photos and I thought my photo was pretty good......... UNTIL I noticed that the sushi right in the centre is lopsided??????? Look at it. My OCD makes me upset but... The aburi rolls were all gone by the time I realised. So this photo will have to do :'(

It was reaaaaally good though. YUMZ. I'm a sushi-lover and YJ and I always end up eating sushi because we always feel like it, and this is one of the best I've tasted!! It's really super yumz, you won't regret if you try. It was really crowded too, at lunchtime, which means allocate time for queueing if you're going at peak period!


That's pretty much all the new places I've managed to try during summer! Eating is an expensive hobby, seriously. I spend so much on food, it kind of scares me. But.... With a food buddy like this, who could ever stop eating? Hehehe


(This was taken at a Sushi Express. You see why I say we love sushi?!?)

Heheheh okay till the next post (which won't be long because xoxo is reunitedddddddd), with all the love in the world,
Ragel.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me


RACHEL | רָחֵל
But you can call me Ragel (ray-gel)
23 | +65
Fearfully and wonderfully made

I love exploring and the outdoors and I'd pick a walk under the sun in a foreign place over lazing at home any day. I dream of travelling the world one day and I love anything bright, colourful and sparkly.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice!" - Phillipians 4:4

Facebook Twitter Instagram Tumblr Pinterest

Search This Blog

Subscribe